Highlight your students’ unique talents and remind them how they are capable of anything right now!
From the creator:
“We used construction paper, glue, and an Ellison machine.
We also cut the letters and people cut outs out with a cricket machine.”
How can you use this board with your students?
- Students will stand in front of the “wings” and you can take their picture to place on the board. Optional: Attach each photo to a large piece of construction paper and have all students in the classroom leave a positive comment for each other on the pages.
- Discuss how butterflies actually fly, their life cycle, and how humans also go through various life cycles.
- Do a creative writing project that is about a human who goes through various life cycles and comes out at the end as a beautiful butterfly.
Would you like premade templates to recreate this bulletin board? Click HERE to grab them and save yourself time!
OR become a member and have access to every single bulletin board template at School Bulletin Boards! Click HERE to see the details!
Emerging Into Your True Self
- Start off by covering your board with black fabric or bulletin board paper.
- Next, add a border around the edges.
- Using colored construction paper, cut out egg-like shapes in various colors.
- Attach those pieces with a stapler to the middle of the board in a wing shape, making sure to leave a small space in the middle for someone to stand.
- Next, add your title: “Your wings already exist, all you have to do is fly.”
- Finally, take each student’s photo in front of the wings, print out, and add to the board. Add a few colorful butterfly images to fill in the board and you’re all set!
Giving children the knowledge that they are already special and don’t need anything else to thrive could be very eye-opening for many of them.
How else could you use this bulletin board idea in your school? Feel free to leave a comment at our Facebook page.
Submitted by: Kristen