Spiritual works of mercy help students to see many ways in which they can help their friends and neighbors. Having tangible and specific things to do allows for modeling of the intended behavior.
“Students each selected a spiritual or corporal work of mercy and selected an emoji that relates. A template in Google Drawing was used to create matching rectangles. Color printer needed.”
How can you use this board with your students?
- Discuss spiritual and corporal works of mercy with the class.
- Have students pick one from a bowl of cards listing one discussed.
- Assign each student to find an emoji that relates and add it to a digital “card” with a word processing program so that it may be printed for the bulletin board.
OR become a member and have access to every single bulletin board template at School Bulletin Boards! Click HERE to see the details!
Helping Others in Spiritual Need
- Red bulletin board paper: As a background for the bulletin board which looks nice under the white cards.
- Decorative bulletin board border: Any decorative border you like will work for this particular board.
- Black large letters: Use alphabet cutouts to create your title.
Steps to Set Up:
- Begin by placing the red background on your empty board.
- Add your title with the black lettering to the wall above the bulletin board.
- Add the decorative board around the edges.
- Have students use computers to add an emoji to their chosen work of mercy card.
- Print, cut out, and laminate the cards. Hang them on the board for students to review.
Christian values are demonstrated on this parochial bulletin board and students have an opportunity to relate the options to their social media world selves as well.
By connecting the two, students are able to see how traditional values and modern life are intertwined. Having practical applications for demonstrating the works of mercy, they are easily able to see things they can control to help themselves and others.
How else could you use this bulletin board idea in your school? Feel free to leave a comment below.
Submitted by: Frances
Leave a Reply