Your students will love the animal references in this parochial themed bulletin board!
From the creator:
“I did this board while teaching at a Catholic school a couple of years ago.
I enjoyed putting up Science themed boards but I was required to do a religious board too. I incorporated both together.
I used an animal fabric background and wallpaper animal border. I laminated the roll to reuse from year to year and for use on various boards.
The solid black border was purchased.
Construction paper letters were a Word font that was hand cut.
Other years the title was “Wild About Science” when it was put up at the beginning of the year.”
How can you use this board with your students?
- Have students brainstorm a list of animals they might see in the jungle or African plains.
- Next, have students research their animals online and come up with 3 facts about the animal of their choice.
- Finally, they can print a picture of their animal, write the 3 facts on the back of the picture, and the teacher can use the pictures in the bulletin board for the animal border after the facts are shared with the class.
OR become a member and have access to every single bulletin board template at School Bulletin Boards! Click HERE to see the details!
Use wrapping paper for your bulletin board background in any print you like! Classic navy bulletin board letters to display your message. Grass border for the bottom edge of your board. If you can't find good pictures of lions and tigers, this cute safari border would be a nice replacement. Traditional black scallop bulletin board border ties it all together.
Pacon Fadeless Safari Prints Art Paper, 2-Feet by 8-Feet rolls, 6 Assorted Designs (56920)
* NAVY BLUE CLASSIC FONT 4IN LETTERS
Carson Dellosa Grass Borders (110072)
Safari Friends Safari Fun Border, CTP 8341
Carson-Dellosa Black Border (108214)
Use wrapping paper for your bulletin board background in any print you like!Continue Reading
Classic navy bulletin board letters to display your message.Continue Reading
Grass border for the bottom edge of your board.Continue Reading
If you can't find good pictures of lions and tigers, this cute safari border would be a nice replacement.Continue Reading
Traditional black scallop bulletin board border ties it all together.Continue Reading
- Start by placing your fabric or wrapping paper animal print background on your board.
- Next up, add the traditional black scallop border around the top and sides of the board. Do not use it on the bottom edge.
- Place your animal and grass border along the bottom edge.
- Finally, use your navy bulletin board letters that say “Wild About God!” and center to the middle of the board.
Integrating subject areas with other concepts in your curriculum is a great way for students to see how both are related. You could even integrate math and science. Or reading and math. The sky is the limit!
How else could you use this bulletin board idea in your school? Feel free to leave a comment at our Facebook page.
Submitted by: Emily