Calling all superheroes! This super fun bulletin board is perfect for calling out students’ strengths. Make sure you are focusing on what they are already good at and celebrating those differences!
“We started with pre made bulletin board basics. Then added the students own “super hero” with their super power.”
How can you use this board with your students?
- Begin by talking about strengths they already have and how they could make those strengths even stronger.
- Brainstorm a master list of possible strengths for the class as a whole.
- Have students ask additional staff members throughout the day what their personal strengths are and add to the brainstormed master list.
Strengths Finder in the Hall
- White bulletin board paper: You’ll need white as the base for your super hero city.
- Super hero bulletin board title: For calling all your superheroes.
- City skyline background: Makes it really easy to create a city scene!
- Super hero cut outs: Your students’ alter egos!
- City skyline bulletin board border: The red and black really pop against the white background on the board.
Steps to Set Up:
- Begin by placing the white background on your empty board.
- Next, add the cityscape centered on the board.
- Place your bulletin board border around the edges.
- Add your title above the board in the center.
- Finally, have your students pick out their superhero cut out and fill out their card with their chosen strength. Staple on and around the board.
Students will love being able to pick out something that they are already passionate about and showcase that in the classroom.
They are helping you to see what they care the most about and you can then use that information when shaping your lessons to differentiate for their learning preferences as well!
How else could you use this bulletin board idea in your school? Feel free to leave a comment below.
Submitted by: Virginia