Get everyone on your team involved in creating their own bulletin board to show their classroom spirit!
From the creator:
“This year our school theme is Get in the Game.
My students made images of themselves with game attire in baseball, soccer, and basketball.”
How can you use this board with your students?
- Have students create their “selfie” while making sure to decorate their t-shirt with their name and favorite sports equipment
- Do a graphing activity based on the results of the board
- Partner students who like the same sports – or who like different sports
Would you like premade templates to recreate this bulletin board? Click HERE to grab them and save yourself time!
OR become a member and have access to every single bulletin board template at School Bulletin Boards! Click HERE to see the details!
Coming together as a classroom team
Steps to Set Up:
- Begin by covering the bulletin board with orange paper or fabric.
- Next, add a white border around the edge.
- Have students create their own “selfies” using skin tone circles for the faces, string for their hair, and markers to add their facial features.
- Students will also decorate their jersey or t-shirt with their name and add their favorite sports equipment.
- Hang all the selfies on the board in any order.
- Using black lettering on white paper, add the title “Game On!”
- Next, Add the title “________ are Game Changers!” In the blank, use your grade level or your name. Place above the board
- Finally, use extra sports equipment cut outs to place around the board and/or by the title.
Showing students that they are a part of a larger group can really bring everyone together to work as a learning community.
How else could you use this bulletin board idea in your school? Feel free to leave a comment at our Facebook page.
Submitted by: Donna