Whether you teach in a parochial school or within a Sunday school for your church, this is a fantastic idea for students who are old enough to consume social media sites.
Love these super cute social media reminders about how God will still be there, even if He is not on students’ phones.
It also has some extra psalms and prayers for the students as they begin the start of the new school year.
How can you use this board with your students?
- Review everything on it, including the Back to School prayer.
- Talk about how social media is one way to stay connected to others, though there are definitely spiritual ways to connect with others as well.
- Review anything else on the board that you wish to cover.
OR become a member and have access to every single bulletin board template at School Bulletin Boards! Click HERE to see the details!
Spiritual Social Connections
- Red paper: Fadeless bulletin board paper comes in handy, especially for those walls that catch light anytime throughout the day.
- Stained glass border: This adorable trimmer is a perfect compliment to the red background on the bulletin board.
- Construction paper: Use the colorful paper to mount your features on the board.
Steps to Set Up:
- Start with the red background.
- Then add your stained glass border around the edges to frame the board.
- Next, using a word processing program, create the social media signs, psalms you wish to print, and the back to school prayer. Print them out on white paper.
- Mount the pages on different colored construction paper and laminate.
- Place everything on the board where you would like it and attach with a stapler.
Reminding students that social media is just one way to connect with others and a higher power is a wonderful thing to see on a bulletin board regularly. Students will be able to relate to familiar social media icons – and connect that to both their home and school lives.
How else could you use this bulletin board idea in your school? Feel free to leave a comment below.
Submitted by: Amy M.
Leave a Reply