Let’s focus on science learning! Here’s a fun “Element”ary school science bulletin board!
From the creator:
“Play on words for Element unit.
Clip art from online free site.
Clip art projected on white paper covered smartboard. Traced and hand cut then colored by hand with crayons.
Construction paper letter, Word fond, hand cut.
After board was changed the clip art scientist is moved around the classroom with a variety of uses.
Crayon doesn’t fade.”
How can you use this board with your students?
- Do a research project to share famous scientists.
- Ask local community members who use science in their jobs to come in and discuss career paths with students.
- Create a true/false pretest about the upcoming science unit to preassess what the students already know about the upcoming unit about elements.
Elevate the elements!
Steps to Set Up:
- Begin with a blue background on the entire board.
- Then, add your bulletin board border around the outside edge.
- Place your scientist on the left side of the board.
- Add your title “Science is ‘ELEMENT’ary” centered in the remaining board space.
Bulletin boards don’t always have to be elaborate or filled with student work. Sometimes just having something fun and colorful is just as effective.
How else could you use this bulletin board idea in your school? Feel free to leave a comment below.
Submitted by: Emily