Let’s focus on science learning! Here’s a fun “Element”ary school science bulletin board!
From the creator:
“Play on words for Element unit.
Clip art from online free site.
Clip art projected on white paper covered smartboard. Traced and hand cut then colored by hand with crayons.
Construction paper letter, Word fond, hand cut.
After board was changed the clip art scientist is moved around the classroom with a variety of uses.
Crayon doesn’t fade.”
How can you use this board with your students?
- Do a research project to share famous scientists.
- Ask local community members who use science in their jobs to come in and discuss career paths with students.
- Create a true/false pretest about the upcoming science unit to preassess what the students already know about the upcoming unit about elements.
OR become a member and have access to every single bulletin board template at School Bulletin Boards! Click HERE to see the details!
Elevate the elements!
Science is ELEMENT-ary
Need some materials to recreate this Science is ELEMENTary Bulletin Board? Check them out below.
Hygloss Products Holographic Self-Adhesive Paper Sheets, Made in USA - 8-1/2 x 11 Inches, Blue, 5 Pack
How fun is this blue holographic bulletin board background paper to really make your board pop?
Paper Yellow Polka Dot Bulletin Board Borders with Scalloped Edge (With Sticky Notes)
The yellow in this scalloped bulletin border will really stand out against the blue holographic background.
TREND enterprises, Inc. T-79414 Yellow 7" Billboard Uppercase Ready Letters
Yellow lettering to add your title.
Wallmonkeys Mad Scientist Wall Decal Peel and Stick Graphic (18 in H x 10 in W) WM344306
Place this fun cartoon character scientist where all students will be sure to get a giggle.
Steps to Set Up:
- Begin with a blue background on the entire board.
- Then, add your bulletin board border around the outside edge.
- Place your scientist on the left side of the board.
- Add your title “Science is ‘ELEMENT’ary” centered in the remaining board space.
Bulletin boards don’t always have to be elaborate or filled with student work. Sometimes just having something fun and colorful is just as effective.
How else could you use this bulletin board idea in your school? Feel free to leave a comment below.
Submitted by: Emily
Leave a Reply