Need a way for students to show their creativity in fall? This fun fall-themed bulletin board is “patch” perfect!
From the creator:
“The blue background was from Lakeshore Learning – the students created their own pumpkins and bats and we used green paper as the vine!”
How can you use this board with your students?
- You could have the students use the bats or pumpkins as a glyph to show more about themselves. For example: If you have a pet at home, color your pumpkin stem green and if not, color it brown. OR – If you like pizza more than ice cream, draw a round pumpkin nose. If you think ice cream is better than pizza, draw a triangle nose.
- Complete a KWL chart about pumpkins and bats with your students.
- Ask local community businesses to donate real pumpkins for the students to use as a descriptive writing prompt. Even better if you can find a local animal advocate group that has a bat to bring in too.
OR become a member and have access to every single bulletin board template at School Bulletin Boards! Click HERE to see the details!
Fall is Flying Past!
Patch Perfect Fall Bulletin Board
Need some materials to recreate this Patch Perfect Fall Bulletin Board? Check them out below.
Royal Blue Better Than Paper Bulletin Board Roll
Use this roll for your blue background on your bulletin board.
Teacher Created Resources Chalkboard Brights Alphabet Straight Border Trim
Super cute alphabet bulletin board border for around the outside edge of your board.
SunWorks Construction Paper, 10 Assorted Colors, 12" x 18", 100 Sheets
Use construction paper for students to cut out and decorate their pumpkins and bats. You can use white chalk for the bat details after cutting out.
Creative Converting Touch of Color Crepe Paper Streamer Roll, 500-Feet, Emerald Green - 1292299
This simple green crepe paper becomes your pumpkin vine after securing everything else on your bulletin board.
Steps to Set Up:
- Begin with a blue background on the entire board.
- Then, add your bulletin board border around the outside edge.
- Have students decorate their pumpkins and bats using art supplies and/or colored construction paper. Make sure their names are on the back of their project so it can be returned after the board comes down.
- Mount student work onto the board as you like.
- Add your title “Patch Perfect” to the board somewhere in the middle.
- Finally, place the moon in the top corner and use green crepe paper as the pumpkin vine to connect all the pumpkins.
Fun and learning go hand in hand when you integrate nonfiction facts and student artwork into one super cute fall themed bulletin board!
How else could you use this bulletin board idea in your school? Feel free to leave a comment below.
Submitted by: Kim
Leave a Reply