Kick off the school year with a fun fall themed football bulletin board!
From the creator:
“We used poster size characters, megaphones and footballs that were printed on cardstock and then cut out.
Letters are punch out letters.
Poms were created with tulle and ribbon and tied to the characters.”
How can you use this board with your students?
- Have students pick a printed out item from a table during Open House and add their name to it. They could choose between jerseys, #1 foam fingers, megaphones, pom moms, helmets, or anything else football-related.
- After the bulletin board is complete, Add student first day pictures to their icon to save for an end of the year scrapbook.
- Do basic graphing skills for math based on girls vs boys, different icons chosen, colors used, etc. Graphs such as pictographs, tally charts, and bar graphs are perfect for this group math task.
Would you like premade templates to recreate a similar version of this bulletin board? Click HERE to grab them and save yourself time!
OR become a member and have access to every single bulletin board template at School Bulletin Boards! Click HERE to see the details!
Touchdowns and Field Goals All School Year Long
Steps to Set Up:
- Print off your icons (such as megaphones, footballs, jerseys, or otherwise on yardstick or colored paper.
- Next, add student names – or have students add their own names.
- On your bulletin board or wall, use black bulletin board letters to center the title “Kicking Off a Great Year in Room ___”.
- Add the icons with student names evenly spaced out around the title.
- Optional: place a green or football field bulletin board border around your display.
- Last, print out large #1 foam fingers or character cut outs to add to the corners as a final touch.
Great for easing back into the year and being able to utilize your board for a quick math graphing lesson too!
How else could you use this bulletin board idea in your school? Feel free to leave a comment at our Facebook page.
Submitted by: Kara