During some points in the year, getting students to focus is tougher than others. Put up this subtle reminder to keep an eye on the prize!
From the creator:
“Halloween Fun! I reused the fabric background and fabric boarder from the previous bulletin board.
I reused tissue paper for the skirt from the rocket flames of the pervious bulletin board too.
Letters were cut from Astro bright paper for the bright color look.
The hat, legs, and shoes where cut from construction paper. ”
How can you use this board with your students?
- On either side of the witch, you could place mirror boards and have students stop by and read the title of the board while looking at their reflection.
- Ask students to write some tips to stay focused during the exciting fall “candy” time of year on notecards. Hang the notecards on the board.
- Do a creative writing prompt: “Miss Jenny was on the path to her Aunty’s house and got lost in a daydream. Finish the story…” Hang the writing prompts on the board to display.
OR become a member and have access to every single bulletin board template at School Bulletin Boards! Click HERE to see the details!
Focus on the Learning
Steps to Set Up:
- Print off your lettering, the witch hat and shoes, and cut out.
- On your bulletin board or wall, add a blue background. Paper or fabric will work.
- Add the border next by using black tulle that is gathered with rubber bands, pipe cleaners, or zip ties every so often.
- Add your title “Hocus Pocus it’s time to Focus!” to your board in the center.
- After adding your title, gentle crinkle some tissue paper pieces and staple to make a skirt at the bottom of the board under the wording.
- Last, add your witch hat above the board on the wall and her legs at the bottom.
This board is a great reminder to stay focused on the learning that will be happening, even in the midst of all the fun fall celebrations happening at the same time.
How else could you use this bulletin board idea in your school? Feel free to leave a comment at our Facebook page.
Submitted by: Emily