Reminding students they are enough should be done on a regular basis and this bulletin board gently sends that message loud and clear!
From the creator:
“I did this board for the school counselor using a motivational saying.
Butterflies were 3D and purchased supper cheap from Amazon.
Fabric background 3 yards of sky blue, and clearance glittery white tulle gathered for the boarder.
Letters were cut from black and glitter blue card stock using the Cricut.”
How can you use this board with your students?
- Instead of adding remade butterflies, have students create and color in their own unique creations. Discuss how they’re butterfly is perfect just the way it is.
- Do a journal writing prompt “What does it mean to be enough? Do you feel like you are enough? Why or why not? Discuss the entry with individual feedback via the journal paper.
- Have students practice reminding each other how special their friends and classmates are. Each student fills out a slip of paper with a compliment on it for each student and the papers are given to the recipient to read in private.
OR become a member and have access to every single bulletin board template at School Bulletin Boards! Click HERE to see the details!
Confidence Builds Confidence
Fly to the Sky Bulletin Board
Need some materials to recreate this bulletin board? Check them out below.
Black Bulletin Board Letters and Numbers
TREND enterprises, Inc. T-79741 Black 4" Playful Combo Ready Letters
Bulletin Board Paper
Pacon Rainbow Lightweight Duo-Finish Kraft Paper Roll, 3-Feet by 1000-Feet, Sky Blue
Just Artifacts Glitter Tulle Fabric Roll
3D Butterfly Removable Mural Stickers Wall Stickers Decal
Steps to Set Up:
- Print off your lettering and cut out.
- Next, print the butterflies – either print in color or have the students use markers to color in their own. Cut them out.
- On your bulletin board or wall, add a light blue background. Paper or fabric will work.
- Add the border next by using white glitter tulle that is gathered with white rubber bands or pipe cleaners or zip ties every so often.
- Add your title “Your wings already exist. All you have to do is fly.” to your board.
- Last, add your butterflies to the board in any way you choose. Some can even fly right off the board onto the wall above or to the side if you wish.
This board is a great reminder to us all how our confidence impacts our actions and gives us hope about all that we can accomplish if we just believe we can!
How else could you use this bulletin board idea in your school? Feel free to leave a comment at our Facebook page.
Submitted by: Emily
Leave a Reply