A perfect message for any time of the year!
From the creator:
“Gratitude! Fabric sky blue background with fall leaf boarder.
Green paper off the school paper rolls cut in a wave to make grass.
Black paper (only because the school doesn’t have brown) twisted up and stapled in the shape of a tree.
Paper punch used to make leaves out of fall colored paper.
Students submitted lists of what or who they were thankful for.
Those items or people were written on each leaf and stapled to the board.
Letters hand cut from black construction paper using a Word font.”
How can you use this board with your students?
- Make sure to have students compile a list of things they are grateful for so they have something to write on their leaves.
- Have students pair up with various classmates to compare their grateful lists. They just may find they have more in common with friends than they realize.
- Do a quick graphing activity by displaying the leaves in a graph before adding to the bulletin board. Would be a perfect pictograph activity!
OR become a member and have access to every single bulletin board template at School Bulletin Boards! Click HERE to see the details!
Forever Grateful for our Blessings
Falling Into Gratitude
Need some materials to recreate this bulletin board? Check them out below.
Black Bulletin Board Letters and Numbers
TREND enterprises, Inc. T-79741 Black 4" Playful Combo Ready Letters
Bulletin Board Paper
Pacon Rainbow Lightweight Duo-Finish Kraft Paper Roll, 3-Feet by 1000-Feet, Sky Blue
Grass Bulletin Board Border
Scholastic TF3302 Tall Green Grass Jumbo Borders
Pacon Artkraft Duo-Finish ArtKraft Duo-Finish Paper Roll P67024, 4-feet by 200-feet, Brown, 1 Roll,
Steps to Set Up:
- Print off your lettering and cut out.
- Next, print the leaf pattern paper in various fall leaf colors. Cut them out.
- On your bulletin board or wall, add a light blue background. Paper or fabric will work.
- Add the “grass” next, placing some green paper cut in a wavy line across the bottom.
- Then use black or brown paper and twist into the shape of a tree, stapling in various spots to get it to lay where you want it.
- Add your title “Flip Your Attitude, Show Gratitude” to your board.
- Last, have the students write things they are grateful for on their leaves and then add them to the board, along the grassy area, as well as creating a border around the board with them.
This board is perfect for stopping to realize just how much we have, even when things aren’t going exactly the way we think they should!
How else could you use this bulletin board idea in your school? Feel free to leave a comment at our Facebook page.
Submitted by: Emily
Leave a Reply