Parochial schools that celebrate Catholic Schools Week can use this easy idea for a bulletin board to showcase their spirit!
“This bulletin board was created using construction paper, font (Microsoft Word), color printer and ‘bookshelves’ created by using construction paper and black sharpies.
To celebrate our school, students helped create a list of all of the things that make our school unique from individual homerooms to sports, academics, service projects and special areas. These were printed and displayed to look like the ‘binding of books.'”
How can you use this board with your students?
- Students will be creating the ideas for the bulletin board.
- After students create their own lists, you can have a class discussion and brainstorm all their ideas into one master list.
- After creating your final classroom master list, students can help to place the ideas into categories such as “historically proud,” “family centered,” “academically focused,” and so on.
OR become a member and have access to every single bulletin board template at School Bulletin Boards! Click HERE to see the details!
Proud of Our School
- White bulletin board paper: As a background for the bulletin board.
- Fish bulletin board border: Showcase the Christian love appropriately with this border.
- Wood trimmer: A shortcut if you don’t want to create your own “bookshelves” from brown construction paper and permanent marker.
- Bright colored copy paper: For creating your “books” on the bookshelves.
Steps to Set Up:
- Begin by placing the white background on your empty board.
- Add the wood border to mimic bookshelves on the board.
- Add your border around the edges.
- Using construction paper and a word processor, type up a vertical banner that showcases your school and values. Laminate and place on the right third of your board.
- Once the classrooms come up with their categories and topics, have students use the bright colored paper to create different sized rectangles (your “books”) and write the topics on them. Arrange randomly with different sizes and colors next to others to appear s books on a bookshelf.
Christian values are the focal point of this school bulletin board with reiterates the parts the staff and students are most proud of in their learning environment.
How else could you use this bulletin board idea in your school? Feel free to leave a comment below.
Submitted by: Frances
Leave a Reply