This adorable nautical themed bulletin board is wonderful for sharing verses with students and reminding them how important character traits are to their lives.
“The center anchor was hand-painted by a friend. Everything else was purchased for a nautical-theme classroom. My son went to USNA, so the Plebe cover was his, and I take my students’ pictures wearing the cover.”
How can you use this board with your students?
- Brainstorm a list of favorite Bible verses and make an anchor chart of their favorites.
- Discuss this particular verse and its meaning.
- Give students hypothetical situations and talk about how this particular verse might be useful when dealing with difficult scenarios.
Floating Hope Everywhere You Go
- Light blue bulletin board paper: Use as the basis of your board.
- Large anchor cut out or print: A wonderful centerpiece to tie the message together on the bulletin board.
- Chevron lettering: To create your title verse.
- Life preserver cut outs: Add student names next to their pictures.
- Nautical themed bulletin board border: Anything red, white, and blue themed will look perfect.
Steps to Set Up:
- Begin by placing the light blue background on your empty board.
- Next, add the bulletin board border around the edges.
- Place your large anchor in the middle of the board.
- Add your title above the anchor in the center.
- Take pictures of each student and print out on a printer (or have developed at a local store). Write students’ names on an anchor and staple the anchor next to the corresponding picture evenly around the board.
A great example of a bulletin board that works for older children too! No “baby” themes for them.
How else could you use this bulletin board idea in your school? Feel free to leave a comment below.
Submitted by: Johnita