Need an easy to put together bulletin board that really makes a statement and brightens up an otherwise drab hallway? School Bulletin Boards has you covered!
From the creator:
“I blended ideas from Pinterest to create this board.
I used poster board to create the roller, and used bulletin board paper to do the rest!”
How can you use this board with your students?
- Create a synonym list of different colors shown on the bulletin board
- Talk about how different colors “feel” and then create more synonym lists of vocabulary to match those terms
- Have students write a story in the point of view of one of the colors
Would you like premade templates to recreate this bulletin board? Click HERE to grab them and save yourself time!
OR become a member and have access to every single bulletin board template at School Bulletin Boards! Click HERE to see the details!
Synonyms covered with the help of a simple bulletin board display.
Steps to Set Up:
- Begin by covering the bulletin board with black paper or fabric.
- Next, use a large piece of poster board in a cylinder shape to create the paint roll. Wrap the different color butcher paper around it.
- Randomly cut the bottom of the paper so it appeared to drip, making sure to include extra paint blob cutouts from the paper as well.
- Use black and brown paper to cut out the handle of the paint roller and attach to the wall above the board.
- Finally, cut out your lettering and center in the middle of your board.
Finding ways to mix up literature and increase vocabulary with a simple to create hallways bulletin board is a novel way to keep student interest. Make an event of it by having students bring their work to the hallway to work on the synonyms.
How else could you use this bulletin board idea in your school? Feel free to leave a comment at our Facebook page.
Submitted by: Pam